baby

Monday, November 8, 2010

November?!?

How the heck did it get to be November?! Is there really less than 50 days until Christmas? I feel like life has flown these past few months....actually, these past 7.5 months to be specific. I feel like time is getting away from me. I've always heard the saying "Time flies when you are having fun" and never really understood the concept until having a baby. Don't get me wrong, this is definitely the most challenging thing I've ever done, but Chase is so much fun that it makes it all worth it!

I've been torn over wanting him to "grow up" from little dependent baby to one that moves around and holds his own bottle. He is slowly beginning to crawl and I feel an inner pull to yell "stop, don't grow up" every time I cheer him on. I think that babies get more fun with each month as a way to help the parents cope with their little babies growing so quickly! We are really having a good time, too. Chase is so amused by pretty much everything. All we have to do is walk by and it is apparently the most comical thing to have ever happened. Throw a walk by or lick from the dog into the mix and it's flat out hilarious.

I posted on Facebook the other night that I got choked up while reading the book "How Do I Love You" to Chase the other night before bed. I've always been a bit of a sap behind my tough front, but having a baby has shed that tougher layer away and exposed my true inner being and my heart is now completely out on my sleeve. It's amazing how one look, smile, eye contact, etc with this baby can continually make my heart skip a beat and everything inside of me just swells with this overwhelming love, pride and happiness. Having a baby really does change everything, and I'd have a million more if they all brought the same amount of joy to the world as Chase does.

So now we start switching gears from Halloween & Fall and begin heading into the winter time. Daylight Savings is over, it's dark out again at night and that means that Christmas is not too far away. While Chase will have absolutely no idea that Christmas is different than any other day, I am over the moon excited for it. I can't wait to see my bright eyed sweet baby Chase ripping into paper, giggling and shrieking with all the people who love him most in this world. If only I could figure out a way to make Maine & Pennsylvania closer together, we could have our other favorite people in the world with us as well.

Well...off to attempt to get ready for bed before I get sidetracked doing something else. Days go by so quickly. Sometimes to just slow the day down, I will go stand in Chase's room while he is sleeping and watch my beautiful baby just snore away in such a blissful state. I was born to love this baby...what a perfect purpose in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment