baby

Friday, July 2, 2010

Happiness is...

Happiness is having your baby asleep on your chest.

Chase has been super sleepy this evening, which isn't very common for him, but I am not one to pass up the snuggle time. Matt & I are watching a movie and relaxing before we dive back into packing again tomorrow and Chase decided to get comfy as well.

Being a mommy just moves me sometimes, in the most simple & pure of ways. To look down and see this innocent, perfect child laying on you who knows nothing else in the world other than that you love him is one of the most real and defining things I have ever experienced. I feel like my blog has become somewhat sappy since I became a mom, but I think that is because so many parts of me have changed so much. I see the world in a different color now than I did before. I have a different purpose and meaning to everything I do. I am more cautious, more forgiving, more patient. I think before I speak more, I take time to look at the little things. This little baby is changing every day right before my eyes and I am trying so hard to take it all in, to make each moment a photograph in my memory. I take so many pictures these days, probably because some day when I am old I will look back on them as many people do and reminisce that these were some of the happiest days of my life.

Life is so beautiful. I hope you enjoy these pictures as much as I do - they are simple and perhaps boring to anyone other than me, but for me they speak volumes and capture the perfectness that is Chase Gregory Coulter


Sweet sleeping baby:



Mommy+Baby+snuggle time = perfect love


I loved this shot with his big hand and sleeping face in the background:


No comments:

Post a Comment