baby

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Packing..Packing..Packing

We are just over two weeks away from our move to the new house! We have spent the last few days assembling boxes, getting moving company estimates and emptying cabinets. I am happy to report that I have stayed in my new "less is more" frame of mind and was able to get rid of a lot of unnecessary things in the house! My mom helped the last couple of days and we got the entire kitchen packed with the exception of a few random things that we will need over the next two weeks. I've moved a ridiculous amount of times over the last 10 years, and thought I had become quite the pro at packing. Turns out that having a baby & packing is MUCH HARDER than without...we get settled into a packing groove and that is about when Chase decides he would like my undivided attention.

Today we do the dining room & living room and Matt will work on the basement & attic. It is amazing how much more stuff we have now then when we moved in several years ago. It's also amazing to see where life has taken us during that time - we've had wedding showers, wedding, baby showers & Chase...no wonder we have so much more!

I am really excited to get into the new house and start the next chapter of our lives as a family, but I will always hold a special place for this house in my heart. It was the house that we mourned the loss of Jessie in by filling it with friends & family for weeks on end to comfort us, it was the flip cup party house, the wedding prep house with all of our wedding stuff laid out across the dining room, it was the house I spent my pregnancy in and the house we brought our baby home from the hospital in. We said goodbye to an old friend when we lost our dog Jake here, and we raised a new one by having Archie grow up here (and have the chewed edges to fix to prove it!). While the neighborhood around this house has changed and no longer fits our lives, the inside has always remained the same and it holds many wonderful memories of several of the best years of my life. I feel like moving out of here is a graduation of sorts...and now we are on to bigger & better things.

Most of all..I will miss the gorgeous blue hydrangea bush that blooms every June to let me know that summer has arrived.

Now, enough procrastinating. Off to pack!! Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment