baby

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Love at first 3-D third trimester sight...

So today was "Womb with a View" day! Matt, myself, the aunts & grandmothers all went over to see the ultrasound in 3-D and hope that LBC gave us some face time!

We got in and started the ultrasound, and just like earlier in the week, he had both of his hands up at his face completely covering us from seeing anything. The tech was so wonderful and patient and after about 15 minutes of non-cooperation, she gave me a Sunny-D juice container, told me to drink it to get some sugar going through me and to walk around a bit trying to move in different ways to encourage LBC to do some movement of his own.

Once that was done...we tried again. He moved one hand, but the other one was staying put and we were starting to think that we'd have to come back another day for the session. Then she decided we would try one more thing and have me lay on my left side to see if we could get him to move his hand that way. At first, no luck at all, then at the last moment he pulled that cute little hand away and gave us some images which brought tears to my eyes!

The pictures didn't turn out as great as I had hoped, and everything was so much clearer on the screen today, but I will post some of them below.

When she finally got a face shot, we first saw the forehead/eye area and she thought that he looked like Mommy, which we all agreed. Then she went from the cheekbones down, and suddenly it was EXTREMELY obvious that he is also quite the Daddy's boy. It was like looking at Matt's mouth!! LBC was thrilled by our vocal excitement and began to put on quite the show by flexing his muscles, showing his face and giving us smiles. I've been excited for a long time now to meet him, but after getting a glimpse today, I can't wait to hold this child in my arms and tell him how much I love him. What a fabulous day.

So without further adieu, I would like to introduce LBC in all his third trimester 3-D glory. I know I am a bit biased...but he really is the cutest little baby I've ever seen :)

Here was a little smirk...you can also see his umbilical cord throughout the photos - he apparently likes like play with it, as it kept getting in the way and he had been holding it most of the time.



Sucking his thumb:


Matt's lips & my eyes!


Flexing & showing off his guns:

No comments:

Post a Comment